Thursday, November 4, 2010

the future.

I'm a bit torn about how I feel about the future and where technology is going and how they are going to effect each other.

In some ways I wish technology would stay the way it is now, but I know that isn't going to happen. Then there is another part of me that can't help but deny that some of the future technology will be extremely beneficial to us.

I'm one of those people who grew up without technology as well as with it. Meaning that I didn't start getting into technology till I was in middle school. I lived in a smaller city, which at that time there was more land than houses but of course now it is no longer that way, and we didn't really get that into computers till later. Once DVDs started coming out both my sister and I tried to deny the fact that they were going to replace VHS but now that DVDs are popular we like it that way, same with blu-rays. We also still have never had tv channels at our house so we're used to not watching tv.

But I feel like there will be types of technology that will help us such as replacing legs, arms, or other body parts. Then there are things that I feel are unnecessary, such as 3D tvs. I'm really not excited to see where tv technology is going to go. I guess that's because I don't watch tv. Since I do watch a lot of movies, I still feel a dislike for 3D. I already get really wrapped up in movies and I think too many directors will chose to or be forced to make 3D movies and they will rely on that 3D effect rather than focus on better story plots.

I also know that with the way the world is heading involving the environment we will probably need to change our technology so that we can continue to function.

So as I mentioned before, I'm torn because I understand that somethings I just won't be able to change, other things I wish I could change, and then there's also those things that I know we need because everything is changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment